Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anime Thread
I'm bringing it back. Was considering whether or not I should, but the last thread did reasonably well, and this season is too good to pass up. So what's everybody watching this season (or watching outside of this season)? My list is Attack on Titan S2, My Hero Academia S2, Alice to Zouroku, Eromanga-sensei, Little Witch Academia, SukaSuka, and Saekano S2. Impressions on these, or any others?

Quite the handful, and I honestly keep forgetting about Saekano, so I'm terribly far behind on it. At the same time, while I love MHA, I couldn't handle that snail-like pace, so I binged the manga. It was great, and I'd recommend it to anyone on the fence.

I would ask all of you to hide any spoilers behind a spoiler box, but I can't seem to find anything like it in settings. If it exists, please use it, and please tell me how to use it.

Currently watching Dragon Ball Super, My Hero Academia and Trigun (yes ik it's old, sue me). Just finished ERASED the other day and wow is that amazing.

Heads up: some minor spoilers for Erased ahead, since I still don't know how to insert spoilers.

I loved Erased, even the last bit that everyone says started falling apart. Still not sure how I feel about the ending, though, since it essentially invalidates several parts of the story (unless you consider it a story purely about Satoru). I also didn't like how the relationships turned out, but that probably just speaks to my inner desire for fanservice. Aside from those two, I loved almost everything else about it, and it was probably within my top 3 anime from last year.

Never really got into Dragon Ball, though. I remember watching a few episodes here and there, but I was always intimidated by how little I knew, so I never continued to watch it. Now, with online streaming as popular as it is, I can watch it much more easily, but it doesn't really do much for me. At the same time, I have not heard many good things about Dragon Ball Super, so I'll probably just sit it out.

(05-18-2017, 06:38 AM)JaggyNos Wrote: Heads up: some minor spoilers for Erased ahead, since I still don't know how to insert spoilers.

I loved Erased, even the last bit that everyone says started falling apart. Still not sure how I feel about the ending, though, since it essentially invalidates several parts of the story (unless you consider it a story purely about Satoru). I also didn't like how the relationships turned out, but that probably just speaks to my inner desire for fanservice. Aside from those two, I loved almost everything else about it, and it was probably within my top 3 anime from last year.

Never really got into Dragon Ball, though. I remember watching a few episodes here and there, but I was always intimidated by how little I knew, so I never continued to watch it. Now, with online streaming as popular as it is, I can watch it much more easily, but it doesn't really do much for me. At the same time, I have not heard many good things about Dragon Ball Super, so I'll probably just sit it out.

I loved ERASED but I predicted the two main twists which upset me a little bit but that's nobody's fault. Story was great, animation was great. I have no bad things to say about it.

Dragon Ball is one of those anime you have to watch from the beginning to understand. It's not necessary but if you can you should go back and watch the original Dragon Ball, then Dragon Ball Z and then Dragon Ball Super but otherwise just start with Z. Also, in case you don't know Dragon Ball GT is not canon so you don't really need to watch it but it originally took place a few years after Z. A lot of people don't like it but I thought it was alright.

Side note: We're putting spoiler tags in soon.

Toradora! <3
[Image: tumblr_mcxtyqdVM11rb33dto1_500.gif]

God, I love Toradora. It sorta introduced me to rom-com, and very few rom-coms have lived up to it. Oregairu comes really close, but I didn't have to pause Toradora every 5 minutes in anticipation of the cringe. "Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!" is also really nice, but it has some of the same issues as Oregairu (as is to be expected of an anime with chunibyo). Toradora was so nice and chill (and then things got more real in the second half), and the evolution of emotions over time felt so natural and fierce, that I just had to keep watching it. Planning on reading the LN eventually, because there are apparently some things that make a lot more sense at the end (and I really need to get more Toradora, anyway).

Personally really liked Chunibyo and Toradora. I may get down to the LN at some point (or a VN if one exists).
"If you want to kill someone, you should be prepared to die yourself. Do not take that responsibility lightly!"
[Image: 24wajya.png]

Google-fu tells me that there is a VN for Toradora, but it apparently features an original story (which may or may not be a good thing for you). Speaking of VN's, I really need to play they Oreimo VN, if only so that I can get an ending that's actually good.

What's a VN?

Also what's an LN?
Wanna make a contract?

Visual Novel / Light Novel
"If you want to kill someone, you should be prepared to die yourself. Do not take that responsibility lightly!"
[Image: 24wajya.png]